Thursday, February 1, 2007

Too Skinny Part 2

Here is my skinny boy killing some cake at Mackenzie's first birthday party!


Maybe you think the reason why he is so skinny is because it looks like he can't get the food in his mouth....I promise he eats all the time!

Well yesterday was Braeden's 15 month check up. It was supposed to be at 10 am however due to an emergency with another baby we didn't get into the examination room until 10:30 and still had to wait a while to see the doctor. That wasn't really a big deal because Braeden was a little hungry so it gave him a few minutes to have some Cheerios and milk. When Dr. Thomas did get to our room we found out that Braeden has lost 1 oz. and he is very concerned about his weight and constant throwing up. He old me that Braeden needs to continue on the Nothing Plain Diet, see a specialist, have an Upper GI done and he also needs to have a bunch of blood work done. He also told me that Braeden is doing really well developmentally and to keep reading to him everyday. That is no problem because the boy LOVES to read. Braeden also got 3 different shots which made him really happy.

I got phone calls today to make appointments for the specialist and to have the Upper GI done. The Upper GI is scheduled for Feb. 12th at 8:30 am. Yeah I said 8:30 and they want me to be there 30 minutes early. Are you kidding me? I asked if I could do it any later than that and they said that they only do those early in the morning so I had to do it at that time. It is a blessing in a way because Braeden cannot eat or drink anything for 4 hours before the test so that makes not giving him anything a breeze. The appointment for the specialist is on Feb. 19th at 10:45 am. Not as early as the Upper GI but still these people at Children's are trying to kill me making these appointments so early in the morning. Don't they know a girl has to get some sleep?

As for my knee situation I did go to see my Orthopedic dude and he wants to have an MRI done to see what is going on in there. So I am still off work until I have that done and go back to see him again. Hopefully I will be able to get in and get that done this Monday but we are still waiting for the insurance company to approve it. I am almost out of vacation time now so I really need to get back to work soon or I will be broke! Well that has been our exciting couple of days when it comes to our doctor's visits. I will keep all posted if anything new comes up.

No comments: