Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Snow

We finally got a couple of inches of snow yesterday so I thought that it would be a good idea to take Braeden out and school him in the joys of playing in the snow. Because I had the MRI on my knee yesterday Braeden was with John most of the day. When I got home John told me that Braeden had been watching the snow fall while ooh-ing and ahh-ing. John thought it would be fun to throw snowballs at Braeden's face who was looking out through the front door.

I had the feeling that it was going to be getting a lot colder soon so last week I went out and bought Braeden a totally cute beenie. He does NOT care for hats but if you can get it on his head and get his mind on something else you are in the clear. Here is a picture of Braeden in his snowsuit that Grandma Compston bought for him and that sweet new beenie.


When I finally got the little man all bundled up he decided that he needed some juice to drink and then ...oops he dropped it. He tried to pick it up however he also ended up on the floor. I watched him crawl around on the floor trying to stand back up as he stated "I 'uck". After I got in a quick laugh I did help him up and out the door we went.


Braeden had a hard time playing out in the snow because it came up past his ankles. He wanted to take his ball out to play so I had to place Braeden in the yard and pick up the ball and hand it to him every time he threw it. I finally decided that he may have more fun if he could move around so I took him to the driveway where the snow isn't as deep and let him walk. He took about two steps and then he fell on his butt which didn't become a problem until he tried to get up. When he decided that he needed to stand up he had to stick his hand in the snow and he lost it. Here is a picture of what he looked like when I got him back on his feet. Needless to say that was the end of our outside fun for today.


When we finally got back into the house it only took Braeden two seconds to stop crying. We had only been outside for two minutes so he didn't have cold feet, wet socks or anything. When we got back into the house he decided that he wanted an ice cream sandwich so I am thinking that his snowsuit must keep him warm and toasty. Maybe next time he will let me put those mittens on his hands but there is no guarantees on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey,
Ok our favorite pic's are the one where he is standing in the snow and his boo boo after falling in the snow. ha ha. To cute. Let us know what they say about your knee when you find out. Take care. KMC