Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

I know you are all anxiously awaiting my post about pumpkin carving and trick or treating. Well wait no more....here is our Halloween in all it's glory.
Wednesday evening we finally got to the making of our "pumpkin faces." As you may see when out and about checking out local jack-o-lanterns many people opt for the stencil book look. The stencil books help you make pretty sweet looking pumpkins in a short amount of time with little to no thought. We DO NOT use stencil books. All designs for pumpkins are formulated in our home and then carefully executed.

Braeden loves to help with the cleaning of the pumpkin. Here he is taking off the top and cleaning out the GUTS.


Travis holds the main job of cleaning the inside of the pumpkin.

Once the pumpkin has been cleaned I begin the process of drawing the design and initial carving of the face.

Once the initial carving is done the pumpkin heads back to Travis for a little carving clean up. He makes sure every facial feature looks it's best.
Here are our creations for this year...




On Thursday night we took Braeden trick or treating and Braeden went as... YODA!

We went over to Craig's house as we had last year for a little Halloween gathering prior to the main event. Braeden didn't seem to mind that he was the only boy at the party. He was having a blast running around with all the little girls. Here he is making a "train" with Travis's 5 year old girlfriend.

They later played a little game like musical chairs with tombstones which he seemed to enjoy.

Finally the big moment came and little Yoda was on his way to get me as much candy as possible.

After about two houses and showing off some of his light saber skills...

Yoda was ready for a rest. He kept asking, "Is this the last house?"

Since Braeden kept wanting to stop for a rest Travis thought he would give him a little lift.

Once Braeden bucket was finally full we called it a night. The little man was so tired he came home, laid down on the floor and fell asleep. I guess Halloween was just too much for our little man this year. Maybe next year we will be able to snag more candy.

10 comments:

Shumaker said...

Those are the coolest free handed pumkins I have seen. You are right lots of pumkins are not just carved with out tracing first. And the costum is so cool too. Well I am glad you all had a great time.

Carla said...

Cool pumpkins. Love the Yoda costume. And no, it will be a few more years before he gets past the"I'm tired" stage. Trust me.

Special K said...

Very sweet pumpkins.

Love the Yoda costume. He looks so cute. But we missed you at Carla's. Next year try talking T into ditching that plan and coming out with us. :)

sunshine said...

The pumpkins look great. Breaden looks cute in his costume. As he gets older he'll like getting as much candy as he can.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sunshine said...

Hey just wanted to let you know that I copied off some of your pictures from you blog and they turned out really good. We miss you all. Have a great time at your Grandma's next week. I know they will enjoy seeing you. Tell your Grandma Chasteen I said hello and I hope she is doing well. Love,
Mom

Chasteen News Updates said...

Thanks for the information on copying and paste from other blogs. I have now sent some actually up dated pictures to your Dad. Braeden did make a cute Yoda! I know the family in Kentucky is excited to see you, cherish the time you have! Keep an eye on grandma and make sure she gets her naps. Love....Kathleen

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chasteen News Updates said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chasteen News Updates said...

KRISTY CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE NEW ADDY FOR BLOGGING! THANKS