Braeden and I are on a trip across the US to visit all the Grandparents before I start my new job next week. Friday we started down to South Carolina so that we could see my mom and John. The trip began pretty well, Braeden sat quietly in the backseat watching Blue's Clues and eating goldfish crackers until we got a flat tire. I tried to remain calm as I got out of the car and began to unpack the trunk to get to the spare tire. Once I got down to the spare I couldn't find the lug wrench and I was having a heck of a time getting the jack out. Just when I was about to give up I saw a truck backing up towards me with a bunch of tires in the back. Wooohooo!!! Someone to help me out with this dang tire. The guy was really nice and it took no time for him to get the spare on. In my life it couldn't be that easy and believe me it wasn't. The spare didn't have any air in it at all. The nice dude that helped me out took the spare back off (breaking one of the lugs) and went to put air in it. When he came back he threw the tire on with a quickness and we were on our way again. Well not really on our way because I went to Wal-Mart to get the tire fixed but they wouldn't touch it because of the broken lug. The guy at Wal-Mart did give me directions to a Pep Boys which is where we ended up going to have the tire fixed. We didn't end up getting to my mom's house until Saturday morning about 12 hours after we had planned to be there.
When we finally made it to mom's Braeden was ready for a quick run around and then a nice little nap. I was ready for the nap as well since I only get a few hours sleep the night before. After we both got some much needed rest we did get some playtime in with Grandma and Grandpappy Compston. Here are some pictures of our time in South Carolina.

Braeden and Grandma taking a little rest on our walk around the golf course.

Braeden and Grandpappy playing with the blocks.

What could be more fun than playing in a sand trap?
We are now in Georgia visiting my dad and Kathy for a few days. Make sure to keep checking on my little blog in the next few days I am sure we will have more exciting stories to share.
4 comments:
sweetie, check the second sentence of this post! miss u and i love you.
tmg
Thanks sweetie. Could/cold same thing right? I miss you and love you too.
where is your new job?
H.
Wish you were still here. Miss you. Have a good time at your dads and Kathys. Have a safe trip home. Don't forget to get that lug fixed before you leave. We miss you. Love, Mom
Post a Comment