Sunday, May 20, 2007

Home Again

Finally Breaden and I are home again! Wooohooo! Let me tell you that I HATE long road trips and I am so glad that I am home. We had a great time while we were gone but man can I tell ya my behind is sore.


The last portion of our trip we were in Georgia visiting Grandpa and Grandma Chasteen.


Braeden had an awesome time following Uncle Phillip and trying to copy everything he did. It was really cute watching him run around the yard behind Phillip. He also had the chance to go swimming again this year. It went about as well as it did last year, he just screamed his little head off.



Dad, like last year, tried to get him to swim by blowing in his face and placing him under the water. He REALLY hates that! Kathy had to save him once again from mean old Mom and Grandpa. After he got over his anger he did sit on the side of the pool and played splashing games with Grandpa. He had sooooo much fun splashing around the side of the pool but if he thought for one minute that you were going to make him get in he let loose.


We also got to see Aunt Danielle while we were down visiting for an hour or two each night. He had a ball hitting her in the head with a paper towel roll, coloring and giving her lots of kisses. The road trip back home was far less exciting as all my tires stayed inflated. Thanks to my dad I now have 4 lugs holding my tire in place, since those jerks from Pep Boys didn't fix it.
While we did have a good time on our trip I did miss my main man Travis. I was so excited to be able to see him again. I totally forgot that before I left he had been trying to grow a mustache and when I got here there it was. I hate that stupid thing! Luckily he is just growing it to try and save his top lip from being cut off by the guy he is being a board model for tomorrow. I won't have to deal with that thing for long!!!! Braeden was also excited to see Travis again. He and Travis are great playmates and spend a lot of time on the floor with blocks or coloring books. We are all glad to be back together again, and I am not planning any new road trips soon.
I was also surprised with a gift when I returned home today. Travis's sister, Krista, sent me a belated birthday gift. For those who didn't already know I am a picture taking freak. I love pictures, frames and scrapbook supplies. Krista gave me a new black picture frame with white matte that holds six separate 4x6 pictures. It is freaking sweet! So here is a big old THANKS KRISTA for the birthday gift. I absolutely love it!
Well it looks like tomorrow I get to go to work and Braeden has his first day at daycare. I am sure that I will have more stories very soon so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Glad the trip home went well. It was a joy to have you both here and we miss you already. Good luck with your new job and daycare. We will keep checking in from time to time with you. Take care Hugs and kisses. Love always, The 10 hour trip Georgians LOL

Special K said...

You're very welcome for the birthday gift. Glad you liked it.
:)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you made it home okay with less excitment. I hope you like your new job and tat day care goes well. I love your blog and the pictures are great!!