Monday, March 19, 2007

Oh my heck!

Today started out just like every other day with Braeden up early and then a few hours later down for a quick nap. I decided that before I went to work I would go and spend a couple of hours with Travis since he didn't have school this morning. I was only there for about a half an hour when we heard police sirens that seemed to be really close. Travis got up to check it out only to find that his neighbor's home across the street was on fire. That's right I said FIRE! This is the first time I have ever really seen a fire taking over a house. The fire department hadn't arrived yet so Travis went out to try and find out if anyone was in the house. The police officer told him that they did not believe anyone was in the home. It was a few minutes before the fire department got there and you could see the flames through the front window and smoke pouring out of the exhaust fan on the roof. It was CRAZY! Braeden was excited to see the firetruck as it pulled up but it didn't keep his attention too long. Shortly he was down running all around the house while Travis and I were glued to the upstairs window trying to get the best view of what was happening. After the fire was out the fire department stayed for a long time going through the house checking to make sure that the fire was completely out. I ended up having to call into work and let them know that I was not going to be in today because the driveway was blocked by the fire engine. I am sure that is the first time they got a call off saying "I can't get into work because there was a fire across the street and the fire department has me trapped." Well here are a couple of pictures from today to tide ya over until my next post.




No comments: