Sunday, October 18, 2009

Birthdays and Cakes (Oct.)

So far this month we have had 2 birthdays and we have one more in about a week. Because the birthdays are so close together I have been busy baking a cake about once a week. The first birthday we had was Travis's mom. For her birthday I made cupcakes with chocolate butterflies on top. Here are a couple of the pictures that were taken the night she came over to celebrate.







The next birthday this month was that of our dear sweet Travis. For his birthday I decided I would try working with fondant although I really don't like the texture when eating it. It really isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Here is a picture of the "present cake." It's a shame that fondant has such a weird texture. I don't know who likes to eat that stuff but it sure does make a cake look pretty awesome.







3 comments:

sunshine said...

Hope everyone had a great Birthday. The cake looks great, I know what you mean about Fondant,I don't care for it either, The cupcakes turned out nice also. You do a great job on those type of things. Hope you are having fun at the cabin.

Love ya,

MOM

Special K said...

Mom told me the cupcakes were awesome. They really turned out beautifully.

Chasteen News Updates said...

Your cake and cupcakes look wonderful great job...