Friday, May 30, 2008

Wednesdays

The only day of the week that Travis and I have off together are Wednesdays so we have made it a point to take Braeden out for a little family fun. Last week we went out to Cox Aboretum and Gardens. Here are a couple of pictures from that outing.

We were trying to get Braeden to stand next to this rock because it was almost as tall as he is. He decided it would be cute to squat next to the rock like me.


Braeden chillin' in the gazebo.


Look at these two handsome guys.

This week we took Braeden out to do a little bit of kite flying. I let Travis handle the kite duties since I don't really remember having much luck with kites when I was younger. The two seemed to have a lot of fun with it.

Travis teaching Braeden how to fly a kite. Maybe not so much teaching as reminding him not to let go of the handle.


While Travis was trying to get the kite in the air Braeden was busy inspecting the quality of the grass.


Travis managed to capture an AWESOME picture of Braeden flying the kite all by himself.

Now Wednesday isn't the only day that Braeden gets to go out and play, it's just the only day the three of us can go out together. Braeden and I spend a lot of Thursdays on hikes in Yellow Springs.Here are a couple of pictures from our most recent hike.


Braeden was super excited at the beginning of our hike to see the waterfalls.


The long awaited waterfall. It was really more of a trickle than a waterfall but Braeden loved it.


Where there is mud, there is a 2 year old with a stick having some fun.

4 comments:

Lilly said...

I love the pictures. Braeden just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I completely forgot to post a picture of Jacob in his hat. I will do it tomorrow morning for sure! He does look very cute in it! Thanks again!

Shumaker said...

You guys are all so cute. Looks like the waterfall had about run out of water. That is a cute pic of Braeden flying the kite. Any how miss ya all.

Chasteen News Updates said...

Good to hear you both have time top spend together and that little man is bigger then a rock. LOL...John W will be heading out on the road by the end of the week. He is offically a truck driver! Give Braeden a hug and kiss from Papa and grandma K.

Anonymous said...

Our little man isn't so little anymore. He is growing like a weed. It was good to get to see him a couple of week ago even if it were for a short time. You know he calls me and says he want to come to our house, so, bring him on down. We love you all and miss you lots. The pictures are precious.

Love,
Grandma and Grandpappy