Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Update

After one day and $100.00 I have my car back. I don't think it looks too shabby. If you just take a quick glance you wouldn't be able to tell that I just had that accident.

Braeden had his surgery today to have tubes put in. I wasn't near as nervous as I was with the scope he had before. With this procedure they were only going to be using gas and it was only going to take a few minutes so I wasn't a nervous wreck when we went in today. When we first got there Braeden did cry a little bit because he was tired and wanted juice but it didn't last long. He almost fell asleep on Dianna while I was speaking with the anesthesiologist. Shortly after that they gave Braeden some drugs so that he wouldn't remember what was going on. I remembered that stuff from the last time we were there. It makes him act soooo silly. He was just sitting there giggling for no reason. They finally came in to get him and he sat on the bed like a big boy as they wheeled him out of the room. I couldn't believe that he wasn't crying! While he was gone they had us watch a movie about how to take care of the tubes and as soon as that was finished the doctor came walking in. He said everything went well and that he wanted us to put drops in Braeden's ear twice a day and have him lay down for 5-10 minutes on each side. Um yeah right! Braeden came back to the room shortly after chillin on his bed drinking juice. He has been a little bit wobbly today but he doesn't seem to be in any pain. Just to let ya know he HATES the ear drops. Here are a couple of pictures from the hospital.

Here he is just after the medicine.

Mr. Giggles

The big boy chillin after surgery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

De-lurking here. Glad to see your car looks better and, even more importantly, Braeden was such a big boy for his tubes.
Hang in there!
Annie

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he did well getting the tubes. Best of Luck with them! Your car looks better, glad to see. Take care.... Love Kathleen