Thursday, August 9, 2007

To the Farm...

Braeden and I took another trip out to Carriage Hill Farm last week. As you may remember my friend Rachel and I took our boys out there about a month ago but the actual farm was closed so we didn't get to see many of the animals. This time I made sure that we got there before the farm closed so Braeden could do a little exploring. First we went to check out the horses which Braeden loved. He was even brave enough to touch them.

After we went to visit the horses we went over to the barn where the pigs and cow were. Braeden kept wanting to walk through the barn. He kept saying "GO to the farm." I told him that was the barn but he insisted it is called the farm. He of course could not pass up the opportunity to climb on the fence for the cows. He is such a little monkey.

When I was finally able to peel him off the fence we walked to the back part of the farm. I remembered that there was a pond back there but I did not remember that to get to it you have to climb a huge hill. Not only was the hill huge, it was hot outside, I was pushing Braeden in a stroller and there is no path to get there. You have to go through the grass. Talk about a workout. After all that climbing I discovered that the pond was GROSS. No ducks or geese just slime on the water.


We sat up there for just a minute so that I could cool off then headed back to the car. Although it was suer hot outside Braeden had a GREAT time playing on the farm. He told me that he does want a horse after our visit to the farm. Unfortunately a horse wouldn't fit in our backyard so I had to break the news to him gently.

Just to let you know if anyone would like to give to my "Get Kristy a Nikon d40 Fund" please let me know. I REALLY want this camera but it is like $600.00 and since I know you all would want me to have it I have started a little fund to allow me to save for it. So just let me know if you would like to give 100.00 or so to my cause. j/k

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
You crack me up! Good thing there was a j/j......So little man wants a horse, tell him his hobby horse will have to do for now, and it makes real sounds too. LOL. good to hear you both a good time! So how is the job hunting, or r they going to call you back; then again are you working? You think it was hot there, oh holy moly it hit 120 with the heat index, and expected again today....One person said it was so hot they drove by a corn field and saw nothing but popcorn, LOL.....Well better get going, have to finish getting you Dad ready; he will be leaving here soon for a while... Take care hugs and kisses. Love Grandma Kathleen

Anonymous said...

hey kristy.
well braeden is getting so big. wow. i cant wait to see him again. mike and i are going to try to get up to ky sometime this month. well take care of you and your son. love you guys.