Saturday, January 13, 2007

Too Skinny


Here is my skinny little man! As you can see we have a hard time finding pants to fit his little butt.


Yesterday Braeden and I made a fun filled journey to meet his new pediatrician, Dr. Thomas. I was supposed to meet Craig at the office but as I was walking out the door I got a call saying that Craig was sick and would be unable to join us. With that said let the adventure begin....

When I first arrived at the office I was told that I would need to fill out like 3 million papers. Normally Braeden is really good in the waiting room so I thought that I wouldn't have any problems, well I was WRONG! Braeden noticed the giant fish tank on one side of the waiting room so thinking that it may keep him occupied or a while I sat on that side of the room. Well the fish didn't hold his attention for long because there were several other kids running around the waiting room so he decided that he would join in on the fun. The other kids were called back into the offices before we were so shortly he was all alone again. Now rather than being a good little boy and sitting with his momma as she tried to start the paperwork he decided to bolt for the door. Now holding the insurance cards, wallet and paperwork I had to try and coax Braeden back into the waiting room. I tell you now that this is not an easy task. Finally after about 20 minutes of running around the waiting room we were called back to the doc.'s office. Thank God for small rooms with closed doors!

Well for those of you that don't know, my baby may be slightly bulimic. He will eat and eat and eat and eat and then throw it ALL back up so it was no surprise to me that he doesn't weigh much. This has been an ongoing battle and the reason why we are changing pediatricians. As of his one year check up he was 18 lb 6 oz, he now weighs in at 18 lbs 13 oz. This means in two and a half months he has only gained 7 oz. Dr. Thomas is very concerned about this weight issue and has now put Braeden on a diet that almost anyone would DIE to be on, The Nothing Plain Diet. Basically anything Braeden eats needs to be packed with calories, for example, toast must have butter or peanut butter and jelly and mashed potatoes must have lots of butter in them. Hopefully this will help with Braeden's weight issue as long as he can keep it down and not throw it all up all around the house. We will know more in about two weeks when we go back to see Dr. Thomas for his 15 month check up. So here is to the nothing plain diet and lets all hope that it works!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you two look great !!
lol H

Anonymous said...

how,s your knee?

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Hope everything is going well! I hear your dad called! Keep us up to date! Take care