Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I know I am late but the saying goes "Better late than never." Right? This week has been a little bit crazy because I am a procrastinator and I had nothing ready for Halloween. We finally got everything together by Sunday. Braeden had been with Grandma Taylor on Saturday since I had to work and they wanted to have a little birthday party for him. Trick or treat was also on Saturday so I sent over Braeden's costume so that they could take him out. Well when they tried to put his costume on he started crying so they took him to a couple of houses in his regular clothes before it started raining. On Sunday I wanted to carve pumpkins so after I picked up Braeden we got to it. At first Braeden was not so excited about carving the pumpkin but that passed quickly once we gave him the scooper to get those "guts" out. It didn't take long before he was following Travis and just putting his hand down in there to grab out the guts.

We didn't carve the faces of the pumpkins until after Braeden went to bed that night. The first one I carved quickly because I really didn't have any idea what I wanted it to look like. It did turn out better than I thought it would.




While carving the first pumpkin Travis had the idea to make the next one look like we had cut the top of its head off. What a great idea! We decided to try and make this pumpkin look a little like Frankenstein. I had the task of drawing the face onto the pumpkin while Travis cleaned, carved and perfected the look. I think it turned out pretty sweet.





Here are the two pumpkins on cute little stands that Travis's mom bought for us.


On Tuesday Travis and I took Braeden out trick or treating in Centerville. I was excited because the costume I had bought for Braeden was super cute and could not wait to see him in it. Let me tell ya Braeden did NOT like that costume at all. He SCREAMED his head off as soon as I put it on him. It wasn't just a cry but a scream like someone was hurting him and it went on for about 10 minutes until I finally got him settled down with candy and Wiggles. After that outburst we didn't have any issues with the costume. We went out to Centerville and met Travis's boss and his family to go door to door with our buckets. We were out for about an hour and a half and got a TON of candy. Braeden had a great time and now we are trying our hardest to regulate the candy intake. Here are a couple of pics from our trick or treating adventure.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

braeden looks cute glad he had a good birthday. haven't been on the computer in forever. Got my car stolen friday. Don't no if I'll ever see it again. Tell everyone hello and kiss my little man' love auntie M

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Braeden was so cute in his little costume, I picked up the pic's at Wal-mart and put the one with the bear on the frig. Now we are waiting for the big welcome home Dad, grandpa and hubby. LOL Pumpkins came out really good, I love the stands. Take care. Love Kathleen