Saturday, July 21, 2007

Lots of stuff

This week has been packed full of fun since I have not been working. I have decided that I would start trying to get Braeden to use the potty this week. It has been an adventure that is for sure. I went out and bought one of the little seats for the regular toilet and a little stool for him to use. He already had a little potty seat that he would sit on if he had clothes on but refused if his diaper was off. I thought he may like the big potty better but he hates it as well. The first time on it he just cried and leaned forward to rest his little head on my shoulder. I then decided that I would make a little treat jar for him so that anytime he goes potty he can have a piece of candy. As of this morning he still isn't loving to sit on the potty but he really wants that candy. He tried to take a little doll and put her on the potty to get a piece of candy. He is so funny.

Travis thinks that I am mean for taking this picture! I know that Braeden will appreciate it when he gets older.


Here is the little jar I painted for Braeden's potty rewards.

Braeden and I also took a little trip to the Air Force Museum this week. He seemed to be more interested in the airplanes this time. His favorite part is still the steps next to the cockpit that you can sit in. One day I am sure that he will actually get in but right now it is more fun to climb up and down the steps.

Braeden and I at the Air Force Museum.


Braeden sat on the seats long enough for me to get one good picture.


There are more airplanes on the ceiling.


Here he is playing on the steps.

We ended our week with a trip to the zoo! Travis got off work early and since it was such a nice day he thought it would be fun to take a little trip. Braeden loved checking out the monkeys, bears and tigers. Things were going really well until...Braeden threw up all over the place!:( I did have extra clothes for him but they were all the way out in the car. So after a wrong turn and hiking up the largest mountain in the world with a naked baby we got to the car. There was only about 45 minutes before the zoo closed so we decided to go ahead and leave. We thought that by leaving we would miss some of the traffic but that is not the case. It took us two hours to get home because of all the traffic. Other than the throwing up and traffic we had a very good time.

Travis and Braeden acting like bears.


Is that Braeden?


Braeden and I looking at the tigers.


Traffic jam...in Cincinnati? Who would have ever guessed that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep trying with the potty. You know I bribbed you when you were that age to get you to go potty and if you hang in there and be consistant it will work, but you have to work almost as hard or harder than Braeden. Love you and miss you guys.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Oh the wonderful world of potty training, LOL.... I bribed my son, they seem to be the most bullhead ones, when it comes to the training and they have it easy.. LOL. Good Luck...You may have to do the Blue thing or the wiggles thing while on the potty, or try saying after you potty...Hugs and kisses.....Love, Grandma Kathleen